One of my favorite things about fall is all the delicious foods we get to enjoy that we don’t tend to make any other time of the year. Today you’re in for a treat because a group of us are sharing some of our favorite fall appetizers. Holiday entertaining has never been easier! Thanks so much to Kristen from Ella Claire Blog who brought us together for this fall and winter series of delicious recipes. I’m sharing my Cranberry Almond Mini Cheese Ball Bites recipe today and it’s so easy and sooooo delicious. We may or may not have eaten them all for lunch the other day. My family loves this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my
full disclosure policy and here for my privacy & cookies policy. All opinions are my own.
I have to say 2 things…..
First, I have a kid who doesn’t love cheese (I know, how is she mine right?!) and she LOVES this recipe.
Second, there’s nothing worse than going to a blog post for a recipe and there is the looooongest story or useless info and you keep scrolling and scrolling for the recipe because you want to make it right that very minute. Haha! That happens to me every time! So let’s get to it!
- (2) 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated (I choose the shredded kind in a bag and then chop them quickly to make them even smaller OR you can grate the cheese yourself on the smaller opening)
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries (I quickly chop them up a little smaller as some brands have larger sizes)
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds (slivered or sliced is fine too and then chop them smaller)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple with all juice squeezed out of it
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- 30 pretzel sticks
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl, stirring until combined.
- Use a cooke scoop to scoop out small balls.
- Roll into a ball using your hands.
- Place almonds and cranberries into a separate, shallow bowl.
- Roll the cheese balls into cranberry-almond mixture and spear with a pretzel stick.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If preparing more than 4 hours in advance, don’t add the pretzel sticks until ready to serve.
- Serve with assorted crackers and pretzels.
We love thin wheat crackers in our home so I always serve them with my mini cheese balls but when having guests, an assortment is nice also and even some gluten-free crackers for those with intolerances.
It takes me about 15-20 minutes to make these and they are always a crowd favorite!
Please visit these other delicious fall appetizers that my friends are sharing! Pin them for later!
Spinach Artichoke + Green Chile Dip by Ella Claire | Baked Garlic Knots by Sweet C’s | Savory Pumpkin Hummus by Zevy Joy | Spiced Warm Brie by Boxwood Avenue | Sea Salt Dinner Rolls and Herb Butter by House 214 Design
Roasted Stuffed Figs by Town and Country Living | Cranberry Sweet Potato Rounds by Tidy Mom | Gluten Free Baked Brie by Taryn Whiteaker | Healthy Pumpkin Dip by Tidbits | Fig Prosciutto Sweet Potato Bites by The Chronicles of Home
Beet Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Basil by My Sweet Savannah | Cheddar Bacon Beer Dip by Inspired by Charm | Pumpkin Sheet Pan Nachos by Farmhouse of Boone | Everything but the Bagel Bubble Bread by Nest of Posies | Garlic Smashed Potatoes by Julie Blanner
Olive Pecan Cheese Log by anderson + grant | Stuffed Peppers by Nesting with Grace | Chicken Cranberry Meatballs by Shabby Fu Fu | Chicken Pot Pie Bites by Nina Hendrick | Cranberry Almond Mini Cheese Ball Bites by Summer Adams
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I would love it if you could subscribe at the top of the page in order to receive my weekly emails of all my latest blog posts and see everything I’m working on! You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook to see what I’m up to in creating a home and lifestyle of inspiration!
Michael Wurm Jr says
I ADORE this idea! They are so cute and I’m sure deliciously divine! YUM!!
Thank you, darling! They are so good that you’ll want two or three or four haha! xoxo