Well hello, friends! If you’re here for the first time, I’m so glad you’re here and I hope you subscribe above to my email list and come back again and again. Today I’m joined by some friends who are also sharing their fabulous New Year’s Eve Entertaining ideas, recipes, and printables with you! I created a fun and simple New Years’ Eve tablescape and sharing some fun game ideas that we love.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my
full disclosure policy and here for my privacy & cookies policy. All opinions are my own.
New Years Eve Black & White & Gold Tablescape
All shopping links for items or like-items used will be at the end in the “shop the post” section.
For this table, I wanted to keep it SIMPLE and I wanted to USE WHAT I ALREADY HAVE. This is the “adult table” and the kids are eating at the counter.
I started with this great polyester white scalloped tablecloth. It’s practically stain-proof. Perfect for those New Years Eve spills.
I found these darling black and white striped dinner plates (by Grace’s Teaware) months ago and bought them for Halloween and New Years Eve. Or even just a fun Sunday dinner!
I found the darling clock paper plates (for dessert) at HomeGoods last year. I bought several packages because I knew they’d be hard to find again and wanted to have them for coming years. I found some online I’ll link below in the “shop the post” section.
I did buy the scalloped napkins a couple of months ago but also thought they’d be great for Halloween, NYE, or year-round for a fun black and white dinner.
The gold flatware, gold-rimmed goblets and straws were all things I already own. I love to keep all sorts of napkins and straws, plates and party accessories for all different holidays and occasions.
I wanted to use pretty sparkly fabric as a runner down the table (from my Hallween stash) but it wasn’t long enough so I found a black boa in my Halloween box that I used instead and ran it down the table.
I used mercury glass votives and ornaments with ribbon to run along side the feather boa table runner, as well as 4 tall gold and silver mercury glass candlesticks with glitter candles.
The final touch was adding a party hat to each place setting. I considered confetti but…..I dislike it and don’t want it everywhere….hahaha! I know, party pooper right?! Well, it’s the truth!
It was such a simple tablescape for friends. Ok, our kids? Well, we know them too well.
They want to eat around the counter, on or off barstools, and then run upstairs and play in the bonus room. Ha! We, parents, can sit around the table for a while and eat and talk.
*If you’re looking for a fun sit-at-the-table-during-dinner-game, THIS ONE looked really cool and is a fun way to get conversation going and also reflecting back on the year.
New Years Eve Treat
Every year for New Years Eve, I make what we call Christmas Crack. I should probably call it New Years Eve Crack haha! It’s so addicting (thus the name) and just so delicious and sweet and chewy and has the best textures and ingredients mixed together. The recipe is HERE that I posted a few years ago. You’ll LOVE it! I promise!! I’ve never met anyone that doesn’t love it. We also serve Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider for all ages to enjoy.
New Years Eve Game Ideas
While my husband isn’t a huge fan of playing games, around the holidays with fun friends and family he really doesn’t mind playing at all and has a great time. We all have fun and laugh ourselves silly. The kinds of games that make us laugh so hard are the BEST kind! Here is my list of those kinds of games.
- Pictionary – You can buy the game. We just use a kids easel with a whiteboard on the back and then search online for a random Pictionary word generator. You can usually select Easy to Difficult, depending on the age, and do 2 groups. People who are terrible at drawing, like me, are always the ones you laugh hardest at and gasp to breathe once you figure out what they’re drawing. Hilarious!!!
- Guesstures – Like Charades but several different things in a row on a timer before the cards drop. So fun and fast.
- Catch Phrase – Another one that’s like charades but you grab it, guess it, and pass it…the “it” being the electronic game.
- Scattergories – Not as loud and interactive but when we go around and see what people came up with, we laugh so hard.
- What Do You Meme? – I just discovered this game at a Ladies Gift Exchange party and it was hilarious! It’s kind of like Apples To Apples but funnier and uses pictures or “memes” from pop culture or social media. It’s hysterical!
- Celebrities – This one just uses small strips of paper and the players write names of famous people on them (fictional or non-fictional characters or famous pe0ple). Find out how to play the game HERE. When my siblings and I play it with our spouses and parents, we DIE laughing. I have pictures and videos that I will treasure forever…hahaha!
- Yahtzee & Uno are good “chill” but fun games for those who don’t like games that are so intense and using a timer
- Watch Ya’ Mouth – Soooo funny trying to figure out what people are saying with that appliance in their mouth!
- HedBanz Game – This is so fun and one that the entire family can play and enjoy!
There are a lot of other fun games but these are some of our favorites.
Click on arrows to scroll right and left. Click on picture to shop item.
Please make sure to visit my other friends below who are sharing their fun New Years Eve ideas with all of you!
3 Free Printable NYE Banners at The Happy Housie
Winter Gin & Tonic at Finding Silver Pennies
New Year’s Eve Wet Bar at Rooms FOR Rent
Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail at Modern Glam
Year in Review Kid’s Questionnaire Printable at The DIY Mommy
New Year’s Eve Party Hat Tutorial with Free Clock Printable at Lolly Jane
Lindt Chocolate New Year’s Eve Printable Gift Tags at Tauni Everett
New Year’s Eve Hot Cocoa Bar Printables at Tatertots & Jello
6 Steps to a Fabulous Table for a New Year’s Eve Party at Designthusiasm
Blackberry Sparklers at Life is a Party
No Mess Kid’s Party Easy Slime Recipe at Hallstrom Home
New Year’s Eve Tablescape with Fun Game Ideas at Summer Adams
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I would love it if you could subscribe at the top of the page in order to receive my weekly emails of all my latest blog posts and see everything I’m working on! You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook to see what I’m up to in creating a home and lifestyle of inspiration!
Jennifer Hadfield says
Such a festive tablescape! I love those clock plates!
Rhonda Hallstrom says
Summer this is so cute and fun. It is perfect for a New Years Eve party! Merry Christmas
Thank you for sharing your beautiful and festive New Year’s tablescape on the blog hop Summer! I would have passed in the confetti too. 😉 Happy Holidays!
Such a fun tablescape! LOVE it all. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year xx