Oh how I love the Fall! Here in the Pacific Northwest, we have the most beautiful Fall weather and the scenery is unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Saturdays are filled with soccer games of my son’s and then watching collegiate football too. But the fall baking is my favorite! I love the sweet aromas of fruits, pumpkin, and spices filling our home and the squeals from my family as I announce that the baked goods are fresh out of the oven. Today I’m joining a bunch of talented blogger friends, and amazing bakers and cooks, to share with you our apple recipes for the fall. A special thanks to our friend Kristen from Ella Claire Blog for getting us together for her Fall Recipe Series!
Simple & Delicious Apple Peach Crisp
On Instagram and Facebook the other day, I asked everyone what they thought I was going to be sharing this week…which recipe. Apple pies and crisps and even cookies were some of the guesses. They were close BUT they didn’t quite guess right. I’m glad we all think apple for the Fall though. I was actually wanting to make an apple peach cobbler but at the last minute I decided I wanted to do a crisp. It’s quicker to make and I hadn’t made a crisp in a while.
Peaches are my favorite! I have shared my Cinnamon Baked Peaches and also my Peach Meringue Pie on the blog. But apples are another favorite and together, well…..it’s the perfect marriage! Apple Peach Crisp is so delicious and the aroma in my house is…..WOW! They need to make a candle of it! Ha! Ok, let’s get to the recipe.
- 6 ripe peaches skins removed and sliced
- 6 apples, I prefer Honeycrisp or Pink Lady for this
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 cup of butter (2 1/2 sticks)
- 2 1/2 cups of large oats
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cut fruit and combine in bowl
- Sprinkle fruit with lemon juice and cinnamon and white granulated sugar. For best results, place back in fridge for one hour to let the sugar and fruit create more juices.
- Pour fruit into large baking dish or 2 smaller dishes (I actually split mine into 2 pink pie dishes)
- Combine brown sugar, oats, and flour in a bowl, pour over fruit
- Cut and crumble 3/4 cup of butter on top of the flour mixture (split if you’re doing 2 dishes)
- Melt the remaining butter in microwave and drizzle over the top of your 1 dish (or split for 2 smaller dishes)
- Bake for 35 minutes or until topping is brown and fruit is soft
It’s that easy! Now, grab some vanilla ice cream and serve! It’s quite delectable.
Question….Is it ok to eat this for breakfast? I may or may not have done that. And yes…with ice cream.
Please hop on over and visit each of my friends’ posts below and make sure to pin all these delicious recipes for later!
Slab Apple Pie + Caramel Sauce by Ella Claire | Applesauce Sheet Cake + Cream Cheese Frosting by Love Grows Wild | Apple Spice Streusel Cake by Inspired by Charm | Baked Apple Slices by Julie Blanner | Cinnamon Maple Sourdough Apple Pie by Farmhouse on Boone
Brioche Apple Bread Pudding by Boxwood Avenue | Apple Cider Pound Cake by Anderson + Grant | Apple Crumble Muffins by A Burst of Beautiful | Banana Apple Cake Bread by Sweet C’s | Rustic Apple Strudel by So Much Better with Age
New England Apple Crisp by Nina Hendrick | Maple Apple Oatmeal by Finding Home Farms | Chocolate Apple Mini Cakes by Zevy Joy | Artisan Apple Bread by Nesting with Grace | Low Carb Apple Sandwich Snacks by My Sweet Savannah
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I would love it if you subscribed at the top of the page in order to receive my weekly emails of all my latest blog posts and hear about digital printables & freebies, as well as sales or new items in My Online Shoppe. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook to see what I’m up to in creating a home and lifestyle of inspiration!